BOSTON CAR SERVICE, INC. TERMS OF SERVICE
- (rev. 5/19/2016)
BILLING AND ACCOUNTING
Trips are billed to the customer's credit card or their Boston Car Service account. Boston Car Service accepts the
● American Express
● Diners Club
● Discover Card
● Boston Car Service may, at its sole discretion, obtain pre-approval of charges for any reservation made and secured by a credit card.
The following additional charges will be itemized on
the customer's billing statement when applicable and are disclosed
at the time a reservation is made:
● A recommended 20% tip added for your convenience. The payment of this recommended tip is subject to
your complete discretion and may be increased, decreased or eliminated entirely. Any tip received will be remitted, in
full, to the chauffeur.
● Midnight to 4:00 AM surcharge - $20.00
● Applicable taxes will be charged as required.
● Two-way tolls, airport, vehicle parking and regulatory fees.
● When appropriate, an additional fee for meals and/or overnight accommodations for the driver may be added.
● Airport greeters may be requested for an additional fee.
● A $10.00 administration fee is added to all jobs except point-point transfers for our clients.
● Extra stops that occur with "transfer" reservations (see Vehicle Rates).
● There is a $25.00 surcharge for service scheduled at the following designated holiday times:
● New Year's Day
● Easter Sunday
● Memorial Day
● July 4th
● Labor Day
● Christmas Eve (after 5PM)
● Christmas Day
● New Year's Eve (after 5PM)
● All rates are quoted and billed in U.S. dollars (USD).
● Due to fluctuation in currency exchange rates, all US dollar (USD) equivalents of international rates may vary.
● Parking costs at stadiums, concert venues, etc. are to be reimbursed directly to the driver, in cash, upon artrival at the venue.
● Boston Car Service has point-to-point transfer rates that provide flat rate pricing for one-way travel from point A-to-point B (i.e. Brookline to Logan Airport).
● Extra stops within same city/town as either the pick-up or drop-off location are billed at $25.00 per stop.
● Rates for travel between locations in which a point-to-point rate does not exist will be billed at the set hourly rate for the type of vehicle reserved. A two-hour minimum for sedans and a three-hour minimum for SUVs applies. All other types of vehicles carry a minimum-hour reservation requirement based on the vehicle type and day of service.
Our reservation agents will disclose the applicable hourly minimum when a reservation or rate request is made. Portal (travel to/from garaging facility) times apply to vehicles larger than sedans and SUVs.
● Deposits, No Show and Cancellation Fees
● Limousine reservations require a 50% non-refundable deposit. You may cancel at any time prior to pick-up time without additional charges.
● A valid major credit card or Boston Car Service account is required to make a reservation.
● A no show fee will equal the proposed trip cost plus all fees and recommended gratuity.
● Cancellation fee - within MA: A cancellation fee will equal the proposed trip cost plus all fees for any cancellation made less then two (2) hours before the scheduled pick-up time for sedan or SUV service in Massachusetts. For larger vehicles, the minimum notice time period varies. Please ask your reservation agent the minimum
cancellation notice time for vehicles larger than sedans and SUVs.
● Cancellation fee - outside MA: Any cancellation made less then twelve (12) hours before the scheduled pick-up time for service outside of Massachusetts will be charged the proposed trip cost plus all fees.
● Cancellation fee - outside US: Any cancellation made less then twenty-four (24) hours before the scheduled pick-up time for service outside of the United States will be charged the proposed trip cost plus all fees.
WAIT TIME ALLOWANCES
● Domestic flight arrivals: Sixty (60) minute, no-charge wait period after the reported domestic flight arrival time.
● International flights arrivals: Sixty (60) minute, no-charge wait period after the reported international flight arrival time.
● Non-airport reservations: Ten (10) minute, no-charge wait period at initial pick-up location.
● Once the wait period is over, there is a charge of $6.00 per five (5) minute increment for on point-point (transfer) jobs.
● Waiting period is based on $70.00 per hour on hourly jobs. (i.e. roadshows)
● Boston Car Service assumes no liability for circumstances beyond its reasonable control including but not limited to severe weather, road conditions and breakdowns, acts of God, war or hostilities, riot or civil commotion, fire, epidemic, earthquake, flood; or other natural disaster; delay or destruction caused by public carrier.
● Boston Car Service assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged baggage, personal belongings, or any items left in the vehicle.